Thursday 17 November 2011

Day 12: Responsible Leadership, Knowledge Management & Innovative Thinking - 15 Nov 2011

Tuesday morning...12 days of the Academy has passed. I woke up long before my alarm buzzed. Opened the curtain and sliding door to have fresh air and embrace the melody of singing birds in the trees. This time of the morning the only people on my mind is my husband and kids. My daughter asked me to sing her a song and send it. I did it and it brought tears to my eyes as I miss them so very much.

Anyway, life has to go on. I meet the team outside for gym, but to my surprise some did not pitch, they were too tired. I felt relaxed after half an hour of running and walking and what is most important is that my mind has to be open for the day. The food of the hotel is so amazing, but it can be too much at a stage. I decided not to have breakfast and blog instead.

Our first speaker for the day, Dr Eben le Roux (Albert Luthuli Centre for Responsible Leadership, UP), spoke on Responsible leadership. The lesson: "Being a responsible leader requires more than being an effective, visionary and good manager. It also means having and adhering to the right values, and having a good character." In this photo a mind map on strategic leadership development.

Knowledge Management presented by Marietjie Schutte gave us in depth information on how to document knowledge for centuries.

The most outstanding presentation of the day was that of Prof Johannes Cronje (CPUT) - Innovation and thinking outside the box for South Africa Libraries. We did a learning style model and a lot of creative activities highlighting the essence of strategic documents.

This was one of the better days...

Our group discussion went on until 22h00. We finished our presentation and I am so proud of the group! Even though you went to bed later than normal you felt some fulfillment and relief. One can at least have sweet dreams...

4 days to going home; I start doubting the idea of the countdown...

No comments:

Post a Comment