Monday 14 November 2011

Day 8: Marketing branding & effective communication and multiculturalism in the workplace - 11 Nov 2011

Yipee it is Friday! I have been here a week, can you believe it? Routine has kicked in, got up @ 05h30, team 'gym', breakfast and there you find yourself in the conference room READY FOR THE NEXT INFORMATION INFLUX!

Prof Ronel Rensburg (Dept. of Marketing & Communication, UP) gave us a presentation on Marketing, branding and effective communication. This was a real interactive session. We were divided into groups and each group had to do a realistic marketing strategy.

Our group decided on doing something unique but practical. We decided to have a Talent Auction to raise funds to buy a gift to the workers at the Conference venue. Each one of us have a talent that we could auction. We brand, market and put a price to our service and then the real business began. Some of the other groups also bought into the idea and believe it or not it was fun! Even though we did not do it for real I enjoyed every moment of it. (I still think that we should do it for real; let's see how I can influence the group!) Just for the record: Ronel can sing and I mean sing from the heart!

We had a light lunch and after a busy session I quickly went to my room for a power nap. The afternoon session start at 14h00. A very touchy topic: Multi-culturalism and the diverse workplace by Lizette le Roux (Senior Consultant in Multi-culturalism, Leadership and  Cultural Integration). We pledge to confidentiality in this session... All I can say is that we dealt with heart issues of the group and I realised that we can make a change step by step. I personally resist to get involved in the discussion we had, but participate by listening. This session bind us as group with an invisible cord of love, respect and appreciation. We end the session with our group song, which I will post some time later!

The evening we had a braai in the pool area and boy did we enjoy that! Calmness and a togetherness of friends, colleagues and special people! We had so much laughter and I can say that today was real special to me! Special because of all the links we made during the afternoon. I cannot describe it, but I know you will understand...or I hope so...at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment