Monday 7 November 2011

Day 3: HBDI Personal and Group Profiling & Graduation CLLA 4 - 06 Nov 2011

What day was it again? Sunday morning someone said... Goodness me! This is really the first time in my entire life that I worked on a Sunday as I honor this day to my Maker and Creator. Challenging it was!

So, here I am sitting in the conference venue and this elderly lady, tall and elegant enter the room. I thought: "Oh my, how boring is this session gonna be!" She smiled and start talking with much comfort and confidence ... what did I think again? Never judge a book by its cover! I learned this lesson over and over, but one can sometimes become so prejudice and 'box' people before we even know them!

Ann de Boer better known as Professor Ann de Boer (Dept of Information Science, UP) is a woman full of life and energy and I know this blog space will be too small to describe her. I will just highlight some of the aspects that really touched me as individual here. The tool known as the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI) gave me the overview of my personality. What was interesting is that my whole brain development is equally developed in all 4 quadrants. 

We joined in for lunch and welcomed the 4th Academy attendees for their graduation ceremony. It was a lovely experience meeting colleagues who can relate to the same fears and experiences we about to have. The expectation is high as a lot of these attendees got distinctions, which make it even more compulsory for us to deliver!

We as a group formed a choir and sang for the graduates as a surprise. We have a lot of talent and we thought that we will use it to the benefit of group! We even have people who love to do washing and ironing. Can you believe that?

No comments:

Post a Comment